You have no items in your shopping cart
2-Phenoxyethanol 99,5+% Extra Pure, cosmetics quality
- Buy 2 and save 5%
- Buy 6 and save 10%
What is 2-Phenoxyethanol?
2-Phenoxyethanol also called Phenoxyethanol is an oily non-flammable liquid. The substance is an Ether of Phenol and at the same time an alcohol. The boiling point is 245 degrees Celsius and the melting point is 13 degrees Celsius.
What is Phenoxyethanol used for?
2-phenoxyethanol is naturally present in green tea and chicory. But it is usually synthesized and used for:
- Solvent for paints, varnishes, lacquers, printing inks, dyes;
- Synthetic intermediate;
- Biocide used in the composition of household and industrial cleaning products (cleaning agents, disinfectants, etc.), liquids for refrigeration systems, products for the mechanical or metallurgical industry (anti-corrosive agents, lubricants, processing fluids metals, etc.), the textile industry, latex adhesive confluence; biocides, insect repellent;
- Preservatives for cosmetics (mainly in shampoos), personal hygiene products and pharmaceutical products for human or veterinary use, perfume fixative.
- Various applications in the Laboratory
- When synthesized and used for cosmetics, it takes the form of a colorless oily liquid with a faint rose scent.
- This preservative is also often used as a solvent for other preservatives, particularly parabens. In aquaculture, it is used as an anesthetic for certain fish species.
- It is used in pharmacies as a preservative, is present in most vaccines, and is listed as an ingredient for many vaccines by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Are you looking for 2-Phenoxyethanol of cosmetic quality? The Phenoxyethanol from Laboratoriumdiscounter is not only of cosmetic quality but also competitively priced! Available in different packages from 100 ml to 25 litres. So do you need Phenoxyethanol? Then you've come to the right place at Laboratoriumdiscounter!
Ethylene glycol monophenyl ether
Empirical formula C8H10O2
Molar mass (M) 138,17 g/mol
Density (D) 1,11 g/cm³
Boiling point (bp) 244,3 °C
Flash point (flp) 126 °C
Melting point (mp) 9,1 °C
CAS No. 122-99-6
H302 Harmful if swallowed
H318 Causes serious eye damage
H335 May cause respiratory irritation
Precautionary statements - prevention
P261 Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray
P280 Wear protective gloves/eye protection/face protection
Precautionary statements - response
P305+P351+P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing